Setting up a basic home apothecary
Step-by-Step Basic Home Apothecary |
Self-sufficient ways to accumulate your own medicine
1. ASTRAGALUS (adaptogen & immune-modulating) resistance from occasional physical & emotional stressors & supports healthy immune function.
2. GARLIC (anti-microbial & nutritive) – Counters many infections, including those of the nose, throat & chest. Reduces cholesterol, helps with circulation, & lowers blood sugar levels.
3. CALENDULA (anti-inflammatory & anti-microbial) – Orange petals are an excellent remedy for inflamed skin. Has antiseptic properties & should be included in any Basic Home Apothecary. An infusion or tincture of calendula can be used to treat chronic infections.
4. CHAMOMILE (carminative & anti-inflammatory) – Often used to ease upset stomach, gas, diarrhea, insomnia, and anxiety. If allergic to ragweed, stay away from chamomile.
5. PEPPERMINT (carminative & anti-microbial) – Ability to help with upset stomach, headache, irritable bowel syndrome, & breathing problems
6. NETTLE (anti-inflammatory) – This herb’s anti-inflammatory properties can can help improve seasonal allergies related symptoms.
7. YARROW (anti-inflammatory & anti-microbial) – Disinfecting scrapes & healing wounds. Also for cold & flu season – anti-inflammatory properties can help support immune health.
8. GINGER (carminative & immune-modulating) –– The root is well known to help with nausea & upset stomach. Try it to boost your appetite, to relieve arthritis pain, or to fight a cold.
9. DANDELION ROOT (nutritive) – A must-have for a Basic Home Apothecar | Cleanse for the kidneys & liver, & adds a nice flavor to your teas.
10. ECHINACEA (anti-inflammatory, immune modulating & anti-microbial) – Also known as Coneflower – Ability to raise the body’s resistance to bacterial & viral infections. Treats cold & flu & can also heal skin infections such as acne & boils.
11. TURMERIC (adaptogen, anti-inflammatory& anti-microbial) – A powerhouse of an herb, turmeric & especially its most active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s & cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory & may help symptoms of depression & arthritis
12. ELDERBERRY (immune modulating & nutritive) – A strong immune booster, elderberry also contains fiber for gut health & may help with joint pain.
13. HOLY BASIL (adaptogen & immune-modulating) – A fantastic plant known to be able to tackle stress, anxiety, & inflammation. Use the leaves to make a relaxing cup of tea.
share | the aquarius bus
You also might be interested...
Find anything interesting?
Join others and get timely updates delivered straight to your inbox when we post unique content!